BEST WHITE COOKING WINE - ELECTRIC WOK COOKING
- The classification of wine can be done according to various methods including, but not limited to, place of origin or appellation, vinification methods and style, sweetness and vintage, J.
- Wine is an alcoholic beverage, typically made of fermented grape juice. The natural chemical balance of grapes is such that they can ferment without the addition of sugars, acids, enzymes or other nutrients. Wine is produced by fermenting crushed grapes using various types of yeast.
- Generally a wine that should not be used as a beverage. Some experts recommend only using wines that you would drink as a cooking wine.
- Paint or turn (something) white
- a member of the Caucasoid race
- being of the achromatic color of maximum lightness; having little or no hue owing to reflection of almost all incident light; "as white as fresh snow"; "a bride's white dress"
- whiten: turn white; "This detergent will whiten your laundry"
Tofu Dinner (with Recipe now)
A chinese home cooking dish: Tofu with Salted fish and diced chicken.
you need chicken, mushroom and tofu for this dish.
1) Chicken - take 1 large chicken breast, dice it, and then marinade with soy sauce (for 1 whole chicken breast, use about 2 tsp), sesame oil (or other oil if not available), some wine (chinese cooking wine is best, but white wine or sherry would do, OPTIONAL), salt and pepper. I would also recommend putting in 1 tsp cornstarch to mix (if you don't have this, normal flour is also OK). Set aside for 30 mins to and hour (or even longer)
2) Mushrooms - slice
3) Tofu - diced them. You might want to stir fry them very quickly, like maybe 1 minute. To remove part of the moisture. Take care to not break them.
4) Sauce - try this mixture: soy sauce, salt, sugar and water (mix in a proportion so that it is slightly salt for your liking - you will need it to be salty b/c you will eat this with rice). After you got the right mix, you will need about 1/2 to 2/3 cups of this mixture. Put in about 1tsp cornstarch and mix well. This is for thickening.
1) Heat about 1 tsp oil at high fire, add some chopped garlic.
2) You probably have no access to salted fish where you are from. If you feel like it, adds some minced anchovies at this stage. (Not too much.... 2 or 3 would be enough)
3) Add prepared chicken and mushroom. Stir fry till chicken is cooked outside.
4) Add the sauce (make sure the cornstarch is not all at the bottom when you do that), and then add the tofu. Stir so that the sauce colours everything, but the tofu does not break too much.
5) Switch to medium heat. Sautee for maybe 3 minutes, and then serve with rice
142/365 - July 5, 2010: Tour of Europe
My parents go to Germany each year. My dad takes sabbatical from the university (he's actually his department's ambassador or something; he travels to countries all the time) and he and my mom live in Germany for 3 1/2 months each year. Oh yeah, and while they're there, they travel all over Europe. Tough gig, eh?
I've been to Europe and absolutely LOVE Germany. It's a beautiful country and I cant wait to take REB to Europe next year.
Every year, my dad brings back treats (^_^) This year he gave us: A bottle of Riesling (our favorite type of wine), a shot glass from Monaco when they were there, some tomato/olive oil spread, fresh pasta, a cute apron so I can look like a little Frau while I cook (haha!) and a beautiful plate from Delft, Netherlands.
My parents are the best. They've been all over the world and always have stories to tell me. I think they should just buy a place in Germany. Then I'd have a place to live when I go ;)
healthy cooking cookware
play cooking academy 3
outdoor cooking tripod
cooking a 12 pound turkey
macrobiotic cooking recipes
new world home cooking
malay cooking recipe
cooking artichokes in the microwave